DGV Nav

Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall was Here

I love the summertime.  I would much rather be too hot instead of too cold.  But I also love the fall and the winter.  It isn't necessarily that I love the cooler weather, though it can be nice for a change.  No, like so many people, I like the change in the weather because it means I get to bust out my fall wardrobe.  I love leggings and sweaters, scarves, boots, and jackets. And I love being able to mix pieces from different seasons to create new looks.
 I've had this tribal print skirt for a while now, but I had never worn it because it is a little on the short side, and I could never find the right top to go with it.  Now that the weather has cooled off a bit, I figured it would be a good time to use the skirt as a transition piece.  I paired the skirt with grey leggings, my black leather boots, and  a black sweater that was my Gram's.  The cut of the sweater reminds me of Audrey Hepburn; it is classic, it is simple, and I love it.  My Gram was not even 5 feet tall, and I am 5'8" with a long torso, but somehow, the sweater fits.  I like the juxtaposition of the simple black sweater paired with the bright print of the skirt.  They don't match, but they do go together.  This is the kind of outfit that helps me accept that fall is finally here. 



boots: Dillards, Calvin Klein
sweater: vintage
skirt: Forever 21
leggings: Forever 21
leather jacket: black rivet
bracelet: BCBGeneration

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...