DGV Nav

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Vindicated: Clutches

For the past couple of years or so, I have been slowly collecting (mostly) vintage clutches.  I think my affinity for them started with a beautiful little black embroidered clutch, courtesy of my Gram. 
It is a true vintage piece; it belonged to my grandfather's sister, Orpha Jean.  My grandfather's family owned a watch and jewelry shop waaaayyyyyy back in the day; in the 20s and 30s and maybe the 40s.  I love it.  I remember when I was little I always loved getting it out of her closet and just admiring it.
Now clutches are EVERYWHERE.  Including my closet.

  That is part of my clutch collection.  Snakeskin, tweed, lace, leather.  Not too shabby, huh?  They add a fun kick to an outfit.
Terra Woven clutch, Hand Bag Heaven


Fabulous Kate Spade Pride and Prejudice clutch.
Get on the wait list here.
Tory Burch clutch in French Navy.  Love the color and the name of the color.  
French Navy just sounds chic, no?
Available at Nordstrom.
So my collection is, like I said, largely combed from antique, vintage, and thrifted finds, but I would take these beauties above any day!  If you're like me and love all things Kate Spade, then you should check out the other novel clutches- they have everything from The Great Gatsby to A Tale of Two Cities.  Gorgeous!


~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...