DGV Nav

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Favorite Thing: Vintage Hudson Bay Co. Blanket



Since today is Thanksgiving I thought I would focus on something warm and cozy.  What could be cozier than a blanket?  Especially a vintage Hudson Bay blanket.  I have always loved them.  I recently bought one for $25.  It doesn't have the signature primary color bands so that is probably why it was so cheap.  It is mint green and cream so it works better in my living room anyway.  How great are these?!

houzz.com
Here it is, in all it's classic perfection.
These blankets are just as at home in a very contemporary space as they are in a rustic one.


via
Check out this vintage photo of their window display.
Why not upholster something (anything) in one?
weheartit
If you find one in ill repair why not make a pillow with the pretty portion?

furcoatcoknickers
An elegant weekend-in-the-country bag.


thecabinologist
Strolling down to the lake on a chilly morning...
They are wonderful in other colors as well.  Like this grey one.


where
LOVE.

redglasses


razmataz

houzz
Aren't these great for a boy's bedroom?  

As if you needed the arrows right?  But I just learned how to do them so, whatever!

  
Day 21:  I am thankful for the cozy things in life: candlelight, down comforters, wood burning fires, coffee, and hot baths.  I am grateful for the warmth of home and love.  I wish everyone the same today!

Lori and I wish each of you a very happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, cozy blanket! I've seen these before, but knew little about them...I'll take them more seriously from now on:)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Lizzie!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...