DGV Nav

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sweet Spot Sunday: "White Christmas Party" Food

At my "White Christmas Cocktail Party," I had a round table near the center of the room for all the bottles of wine and glasses as well as this candle centerpiece and a floral topiary I made.  



My dining room table served as the buffet for all the food.  We had green salad, pasta salad, fruit salad, and various puff pastries.  A cheese and veggie platter as well as a dessert bar near by.

 This is how the table looked when guests started to arrive.  I continued to bring out food as they came...stuffed mushrooms recipe here, artichoke and spinach pinwheels, brie bites etc.  
I grilled the flat bread so it was warm and toasted before serving.  It was so good with the olive tapenade and hummus.
 Bow- tie pasta with bruschetta, fresh mozzarella, and tapenade.  Lori had a great idea to take the striped pasta and make little skewers with tomato, mozzarella, and olives.  I ran out of time so everything just got thrown into a bowl.
Mango, blue berries, honeydew, and ginger. Lori's sister in law's recipe! Yummy.
One of the best appetizers{not pictured here} was Lori's idea:  blueberry goat cheese spread on Coconut cookies (both at Trader Joes).  They taste just like cheesecake and were probably the biggest hit at the party!
The cake was vanilla cake with fondant frosting (with edible glitter snow).  There were shortbread cookies: some with Rollo and some with Cadbury filling.  Also, yogurt covered pretzels and blueberries to snack on.

Photos by Kyungmoo Ryu 
My mom made fabulous sugar cookies decorated to look like doors (of course, blue, the color of my front doors) to send home with my guests in beautiful little boxes.

A big thank you to my Mom, Lori, Christine and Paul for all your help.  Also, thank you to my guests for coming; I enjoyed every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...