DGV Nav

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday's Fancies: Shoes

Hello, friends! Happy Friday! Today I thought I would link up with Long Distance Loving for Friday's Fancies.
The mission for today was shoes, which is perfect, because I love shoes. I love these shoes. Look at that bow! How sweet is that? This is the second post this week I have done about sandals... does that tell you something?! I am ready for warmer weather!

So this weekend is the Relay for Life, which my daughter and I participate in every year. We all have people in our lives who have been affected by cancer in one way or another; I love seeing how communities come out together to fight this terrible disease. I have always signed up on behalf of my school's team, but this year, I signed up on my friend's team in honor of her husband Kenny, who lost his battle with cancer just last year. I just wanted to pay a small tribute to him here, to honor his memory.

So with that, I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend with your friends and family!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... Yes please is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for participating in Relay for Life!

    Those shoes are lovely. That bow detail is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that`s so sweet of you. (:
    and ohmigoshh those sandals. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sandals!
    Relay for Life is such a great event! I participated in high school with my cross country team but haven't done it since. I am looking forward to going again when my son gets older, especially since I recently had two family members diagnosed with cancer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ashley!
      I like participating in the Relay for Life for exactly that reason- so many of us have been affected by this disease in one way or another.
      Have a great weekend!
      Lori

      Delete
  5. Those sandals are to die for. Major ROI!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...