DGV Nav

Friday, April 5, 2013

Inspiration: Powder Rooms

It's Friday!  I'm so so happy.  I'm especially happy because it means that my powder room project will progress.  We are just about ready to demo/redo the powder room and adjoining laundry room.  In the corners of my afternoons this past week I have begun to paint the laundry room cabinets and have purchased new knobs and hinges.  
Because I have powder rooms on the brain I thought I would do a little post on a few fabulous little spaces that inspire me!

Sarah Richardson via lauracaseyinteriors
What sweet little finchy-bird wall paper.  I love birds but know some people don't (Hitchcock's fault).  I especially love the overall light color with little splashes of red, gold, green and blue.  So many lovely colors to play with.
decorpad
This so glamorous and watery.  Beyond glorious. 
smallchichome
I like the affect of this powder room in the evening (when one typically entertains).  It just sparkles.
poloma81
Can I tell you just how much I love this wallpaper?!  It's just so fresh and pretty.
This is almost exactly what I want to do in my powder room!
pinterest
Classic but so not boring.
housebeautiful
As if the garden continued to grow right through the window into this fresh little space.  
elledecor
What can I say?  This is just gorgeous.  Look at those pearly tiles!  I really love pink right now too.  It is cheery and lush.
simplifiedbee
Again, I love the look of this powder room in the evening.  I really feel that it is best to do something bold in such a small, rarely-used space.

 It is a luxury to feel so unconstrained when decorating.  I don't stress so much about  unconventional or loud decor in a powder room.  What a joy.  
We hope all of you are having a marvelous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...